Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Quiet Day except for watching NASCAR

Slept in this morning till 15 to 5. Got up the last couple of days at 3 - 3:30 - boy does that make for a LONG day. I’ve already check everything I read on the web, into my second cup of coffee and it is still dark out. So glad the weather here has finally got to the perfect temperatures. We can keep the doors and windows open for lots of fresh air. We don’t have a screen for the sliding glass patio door but keep it open anyway. Another thing I like about the desert and Vegas - no bugs. If we left a door open in Indiana the house would be full of flies and other flying things. I love being able to look out over the desert to the distant mountains.
Did nothing exciting the last few days. Well one thing…I figured out with the help of the Internet how to lower the temperature of the oven. It was 75 degrees off too high. Could only lower it 30 degrees but that will help some. I thought today I’d cook an oven roast and potatoes and see how that works out. I have a feeling it is the sensor that has gone bad and will have to call a repair man for that. Cheaper than a new range.
So glad the hurricane didn’t do the amount of damage it could have. Thank goodness it went between the two bigger towns. I imagine it will be a few more days before all the damage is known.
Watched the race today - #18 will move on to the next set of three races. Glad for him. He’s had a rough year with the broken leg and foot. He had to work doubly hard to make it this far.

I have a roast in the oven - watching the temperature - it is still high but I think I’ve compensated for it so hope everything turns out okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment