Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Living in Westward Ho Campground


Good morning from Westward Ho RV Park here in Gnaw Bone, Indiana. Actually we're about 15 miles from the house on the main east/west State Highway 46. 
The RV park has 50 amps, some pull-throughs, city water and sewer at the sites. They also have WiFi but we are using our Verizon. Good Direct TV reception. Cost is $34 a day at a weekly rate. Owners are very nice and helpful. Campground is very clean.
This little lake is right behind our spot. 
 Yesterday between rain showers I took a short walk part way around it. A nice path to follow. The sun wasn't out but the pictures came out okay. 
 Looking from the back part of the lake/pond at the Alfa
 As I walked further on I heard lots of rustling in the brush, squeaks and splashing as something hit the water. Eventually I saw the culprits. I don't know if they are ducks or geese - but they were teenagers - not full grown. Found out they are wood ducks. 
 Another look across the water to the main part of the campground. Cabins for rent right on the water. There are also beavers in the pond - but we haven't seen them yet. 
 Lots of wild flowers of all colors. 
 Some Queen Ann's Lace with a bug. This is one of my favorite flowers. 
 Walking back towards the Alfa - one lonely little duck/goose making tracks for the water. 
It is gray and cloudy this morning - but not supposed to rain. Ha. It did rain most of night. 
The hole our leveler made in the ground - it is about 4 inches deep!
Bill has left to take the Jeep in for an oil change this morning and we're going to have company later today so I thought I'd try to cook a pork roast in our electric frying pan. Will let you know how it turned out. 
Watched Japan beat England last night to make it to the finals again. Four years ago they beat the USA women's team to win the cup. 
I am going to have to find something to do - after being so busy the last couple of weeks I can't just veg now. Maybe I'll dig out some beading to keep me busy.
Our son called last night, our time, my car arrived in Vegas okay. 
The world is going crazy - or is it I'm just getting old. Here in Indiana The First Church of Cannabis held its first services yesterday amid protesters and police and looky loos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment