Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dead Mouse - Craving Steak


My mouse died! Oh horrors what will I do without my mouse. Go to WalMart or Office Depot I guess. I got the mouse because the left “enter” or what ever you call it key on my laptop quit working a year or so ago. That’s not quite correct. It works sometimes – when it wants to. The rest of the time it won’t “click.”  Just sits there and laughs at me as I hammer on it. Off to Office Depot to get new mouse. [ Have new mouse so I can post this.]
Yesterday, Monday, we went back to La Noria to see Roberto – the leather shop owner. He was supposed to visit us Saturday night but didn’t show up. Well come to find out he did show up but later in the evening after dark and the manager wouldn't let him in the campground! New policy I guess – wish we’d of known about it.
Here is a saddle in the first stages of being made. The base is carved wood. 
And here is a completed one. Neat huh?
Last Saturday evening Roberto was going to pick Bill up and take him to a person here in Mazatlan who sells cow hides. But instead of taking him there Saturday now he gave us directions on how to find the man. We were pretty sure we understood the directions. A couple of turns and landmarks to look out for. Then a gray building with lots of shoes hanging out front. We did okay until we were to turn right at the second left turn???? – No gray building with shoes. So we went up another block – again no gray building. Time to back track and recount the corners where left turns were allowed. Oops we’d missed one. We turned right – but – not only was there a street going directly right there was another little street angling off kind of right. Of course we took the wrong one. Went around the block to the angle street and there was the gray building with the shoes out front. Didn’t take a picture of the front but this is the inside – lots of shoes.
Another picture of inside – more shoes and hats. I wonder what he sells by weight to need that scale. Shoes by the kilo? Hats by the kilo? Guess I’ll never know. Unless we go back there.
Bill introduced himself and mentioned Roberto and the man in the store was only too glad to take him next door to a warehouse full of – ta da – hides.
Spreading them out on the sidewalk so Bill could look them over and check the color and imperfections.
I’ll take that one and that one and -->…….I stopped counting.
They got rolled up and tied; Bill paid and put them in Willie. While he was doing that I was looking around at some of the other businesses. I think this one sells cleaning supplies at wholesale.
This older man came by loaded up his bike and set off down the street all ready for his day of business. Fuller Brush Man Mexico style.
Notice the shaped trees across the street. 
And across the street was a Dentist office. Lots of little stores of all kinds in the neighborhood.
After getting the hides we went to the grocery store Soriana to pick up a few things. This display of crabs, octopus and octopus filet caught my eye. Sorry just not my cup of tea. 
By the time we got back in Willie who had been sitting out in the sun he was a little odoriferous to say the least. Needed to open those windows.
Then on home. Bill put the hides in one of the outside under coach compartments. Later on I was laying down on the bed reading and suddenly craved MEAT! I wanted to chew meat, eat meat, and devour meat. What the heck? Finally figured out it was the smell of the hides coming up into the bedroom. He is going to have to figure out a way to wrap them so they don’t smell or I’ll be wanting steak all the time.
Come evening a cold front moved in. The winds picked up and it got pretty chilly out. Bill had to put tie downs on the awning to keep it from flapping around.
Before I forget here is the colorful blanket we bought the other day. 
I laughed when I read George's blog this morning. He was talking about the difference between lazy and leisure. Sounds good to me. 
His blog http://blog.vagabonders-supreme.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment