Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

More Flowers Blooming

Wow just been watching the space shuttle on the back of the 747 landing in Washington. Amazing that they can even get in the air with all that weight. Beautiful landing. Makes me wonder if the pilots were nervous or if it was “just another day on the job.”

Finally ordered my shelf stable milk yesterday. Here is some information about the milk.
“Hershey's UHT milk can be stored at room temperature for months before being opened. Once the package is opened it requires refrigeration. Using a state of the art ultra high temperature pasteurization process the milk is aseptically packaged free of any contaminates and labeled with a Best Used By date.”
It is really great if you only use a little milk every once in a while – don’t have to run to the store and buy a quart when you only want 2/3rd of a cup. Some Kroger’s carry it but ours stopped sometime over the winter.
A couple more of the clematis are blooming – they sure are pretty.


Coming home yesterday I took a picture of an old building that has been decaying more and more each year. It is almost completely fallen down now. That is a dogwood blooming behind it. I was always going to take pictures of it during the change of seasons – but guess it is too late now.

1 comment:

  1. Back in 1953, I was attending Army Finance School at Ft. Harrison, and the only one in my class who had a car. (got factory delivery in Detroit). One Sunday a friend and I took a drive to Brown county, and every time I saw an old barn, I wanted a picture. Finally he asked, "why do you always take pictures of old barns that a falling down or leaning, why don't you take one of a barn that has been taken care of?" He was from Evansville, and I didn't realize I was hurting his feelings by concentrating on barns that were falling down.

    ReplyDelete