Our Mantra "RECALCULATE! RECALCULATE!"

Translate this Page

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day after surgery - all's well

Friday a.m.


Getting ready to go over to the hospital to see The Driver. Surgery was yesterday at 8 a.m. He got 4 bypasses and doctor says his heart is pumping great now. Got to see a very dopy guy a couple of hours after the surgery. He still had the breathing tube in and didn’t look at all comfortable. A couple hours later the tube was gone and he was mostly with us. He was flirting with the nurses already. They sure are hooked up to a lot of equipment! Glad I was prepared for it. Two nurses are in the room with him all the time. Checking this and that. The surgeon came in at least three times while I was there to check things out. I could have stayed at the hospital over night they had a room for me to sleep in. But wanted to come home and relax. I could only see him for short periods of time every couple of hours anyway. So will hightail it back over there soon.
He was asleep when I left but had been pretty uncomfortable for a while. The nurses told him that if he had been fatter the tubes coming out of his chest wouldn’t be hurting so much – can’t win them all. It’s hard to believe that he will go from everything that was going on, into and out of him yesterday to being home in 5 or 6 days! Wow. I remember when they kept you in the hospital longer than that when you just had a baby.
Getting used to driving back and forth – much easier for me in my car.
Time to go – will update either tonight or tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. So glad everything went well and he will soon be up and around? I'm sure he will have to take it easy for awhile and recuperate. You get some rest too.

    ReplyDelete